The Axino low power FM transmitter
Yes, Axino-Tech has a low power stereo FM transmitter available for short term lease within New Zealand.
The transmitter is intended to be used by and for one-off events, shows, schools, open days, churches or community groups. It may also be useful to low power FM (LPFM) broadcasters who need cover while their own equipment is under repair, for example.
Normally the transmitter would be operated under the N.Z General User Licence for low-power FM broadcasting, in which case it is set to emit less than 1 watt RF power. In special cases, where the lessee owns a licence (which must be sighted), the transmitter can be set for 5 watts or more.
Antennas. The lessee must provide their own antenna, which should present a good 50 ohm load to the transmitter. A typical antenna would be a dipole or ground-plane monopole, mounted to radiate with vertical polarisation. If there is enough interest, Axino-Tech will consider bundling the equipment with a suitable antenna.
- Analogue audio unbalanced (2*RCA)
- Analogue audio balanced (2*XLR male)
- Digital audio SPIDF coax (RCA)
- Digital audio SPIDF optical (toslink)
- PC USB (driverless)
- Internal test tone or wav audio file on microSD
- RF Output: N-type (f) 50 ohm.
- AC 230V (max 85VA) or DC 12V-13.8V (~2.5A) reverse protected.
- Frequency range: 87.6MHz to 108MHz in 50kHz steps.
- Dimensions: Width 420mm; Depth incl connectors 370mm; Height 120mm.
- Pre-emphasis: 50us.
- Stereo OR Mono operation
- Over-deviation limiter and clipper.
- External MPX input available.
- RF OUTPUT: 0.5W to 5W (internally set).
- Analogue audio sensitivity: 0dBu (0.775Vrms) for 75kHz deviation.
- Pilot frequency: 19kHz within 2Hz.
- Carrier frequency accuracy better than +/-2kHz.
- RF harmonics: >56dB below carrier.
- Both frequency and power output are internally set by Axino-tech prior to despatch. There are no external frequency or power controls.
- The transmitter has no microphone input and accepts line levels only.
- Although crystal controlled, the transmitter cannot be synchronised to an external reference.
- There is no RDS encoder although external MPX can be fed in via an MPX I/O link. 19kHz reference frequency output is available.
- The internal limiter acts only to prevent gross over-deviation and is not intended to be a compressor or audio processor.
- Under no circumstances will the power be set to exceed licence limits. (1 watt EIRP for GUL-LPFM)
- The transmitter is not available for sale.